To achieve the goals outlined in our Strategic Plan, we have identified three priority investment areas: Infrastructure, Programs, and People. To learn more about giving opportunities, please contact our gift officer, Liz Erickson, at 207-581-1145, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Replace the large pier and update the flowing seawater system, including the pumphouse and the DMC’s oldest flowing water laboratory.
- Construct a new Marine Science Education Center to expand research, teaching, and business incubation capacity and replace aging infrastructure.
- Construct a new marine field operations center.
- Replace the large vessel used for research and education.
- Increase high quality housing options for students and visiting researchers.
- Enhance connectivity to enable collaborative teaching, learning, and research across the state and beyond.
- Explore constructing a new Community Engagement Center to serve as the administrative and public gateway to the campus.
- Enhance academic and research collaborations with other UMS campuses in ways that leverage the unique setting and capabilities of the DMC.
- Develop and/or host graduate and professional-level short courses in areas of identified need where the location and facilities of the DMC offer particular advantages.
- Catalyze knowledge synthesis, communication, and application by UMaine researchers, students, and our partners in industry, community, research, education and government.
- Ensure a strong core of faculty, staff, and students are in residence year-around.
- Promote and expand access to the DMC by graduate students, junior faculty, and other early career investigators.
- Develop shared technical support for DMC-based research and education activities.
- Enhance capacity for community engagement to ensure our science is accessible to communities and industries throughout the state and beyond.